Advanced search

Message boards : News : [wildlife] new runs

Author Message
Travis Desell
Volunteer moderator
Project administrator
Project developer
Project scientist
Send message
Joined: 16 Jan 12
Posts: 1791
Combined Credit: 2,265,607
DNA@Home: 293,563
SubsetSum@Home: 349,212
Wildlife@Home: 1,622,832
Wildlife@Home Watched: 212,926s
Wildlife@Home Events: 51
Climate Tweets: 21
Images Observed: 710

              
Message 7198 - Posted: 12 Jul 2017, 18:29:43 UTC
Last modified: 12 Jul 2017, 18:30:29 UTC

I've started up a new set of runs. I made some tweaks to the backend to improve accuracy of how we're storing things in the database (found a couple bugs that while not fatal were not giving me the information I wanted). Workunit names look like:

exact_genome_TIMESTAMP_ID_NUMBER

And in this case, the ID will be >= 39 and <= 43. Let me know if you're having any errors with these new workunits.

On another note, I recently submitted a paper to this years IEEE eScience conference. You can take a look at the preliminary draft here:

http://tdesell.cs.und.edu/papers/2017_escience_exact.pdf

Our results are starting to get quite good. I also have an application update that should improve things even further -- but want to get a few more data points with the current implementation before doing the update.


Post to thread

Message boards : News : [wildlife] new runs